5 Great & Simple Tips to Promote Healthy Hair
In this useful article, we offer you five great suggestions and tips, that will ensure that you actively promote healthy hair. Let's face it we all want to look good, and the first thing most people see is our hair.
By following these 5 simple tips, you will certainly go a very long way to having a great looking head of shiny healthy hair. These tips equally apply to both men and women and men especially need to take more care as they get older as the inevitable bald patch creeps in.
Hair Tip 1 - Having the Right Vitamins in Your Diet
Certain vitamins are known to help promote healthy hair growth. These include the more common Vitamins A, B, C and B12.
A simple way to ensure that you get those, is to buy a tub of multi-vitamins and take one of these a day. I have shown a typical tub of these to the left.
You can buy a tub of 360 which will last you a year, and that will cost about £30. That's not bad for a full year's supply.
- Vitamin A- helps protect the hair and produces oils in the scalp.
- Vitamin B & B12 - helps to promote hair growth, and also prevents thinning hair
- Vitamin C- provides protection against UV radiation damage
- Vitamin D- this vitamin is great to help maintain the strength of your hair
Hair Tip 2 - Using the Right Hair Products for Your Hair Type
People have different types of hair ranging from thin to thick, and dry to greasy, with a whole lot more somewhere in between. Grabbing a bottle of shampoo off a supermarket shelf might be convenient, but not really the best idea.
Figure out what type of hair you have, and buy the right shampoo and conditioner for your exact hair type. You can get hair loss shampoo specifically for men that will help keep your hair for longer.
Hair Tip 3 - Eat the Right Foods
The health of our hair is directly related to your diet and there are recommended foods to help keep your hair health and strong. You could spend years researching and reading reports on this but here are the top foods that are universally recognised to be good for your hair.
1. Salmon is high in proteins and Vitamin D which both help to keep your hair strong. It also contains Omega 3 which is know to stimulate new growth
2. The humble carrot is packed with vitamins including A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E. It also helps to remove toxins from the body which can damage hair.
3. Oyster aren't just an aphrodisiac, they are high in the protein your hair needs and also high in Zinc which is very good for the scalp.
4. Eggs are also high in protein and vitamins A, D, E, B2, B6, B9, iron and calcium. Iron keeps the hair strong and Calcium actually promotes new hair growth.
5. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E and Biotin. Vitamin E protects hair from damage by keeping it flexible and Biotin prevents hair loss.
6. Any dark green vegetables are great as they contain vitamin C for healthy hair, calcium and iron, to help prevent hair loss, folic acid, potassium and magnesium . Folic acid is very beneficial as it actually helps renew cells that grow hair. They are also a good source of fibre that helps reduce hair damaging toxins in the body.
7. The high Calcium in milk is essential for healthy hair and it prevents hair damage. It also contains Biotin which we know keeps the hair flexible.
8. Beans are high in fibre and a great source of the protein your hair requires
9. Green Tea has about 100 benefits for your hair! This includes, but is not an exhaustive list, vitamin C, E, and panthenol, which will moisturize the hair and scalp, helps prevent hair loss, while protecting your hair against UV radiation.
10. Shea butter, which I had never heard of, contains rich vitamins and minerals, absorbs into your hair very easily, helps the restoration of hair and scalp, and keeps hair flexible and healthy. Argan oil, on the other hand, is great for when you need to rid of frizzy or brittle hair, and when you like to keep hair silky and smooth
Hair Tip 4 - Use a Good Quality Conditioner
In the olden days there wasn't really such a thing as conditioner and when it did start becoming more popular, it certainly wasn't used by men. Those days are gone now and there are some fantastic products out there that will protect from hair loss and keep your hair healthy.
Make sure you pick a product that matches you hair type to help to restore hair from dryness or reduce greasiness, depending on your needs. It's recommended that you should use conditioner every day and try to do a deep condition about once a week to give a boost to the rejuvenation of hair. If you haven't been conditioning regularly start now, you'll be surprised on how soft, flexible and strong your hair will feel.
When you are doing your weekly conditioning, you need to apply more conditioner than usual and it really helps to wear a shower cap to let the conditioner work. Leave it in your hair for at least 20 minutes, and then rinse off with luke warm water.
Hair Tip 5 - Watch Out for Heat
Hair is easily damaged by heat. Think of hair driers, hair curlers, curling wands and even the hot sun and you quickly realise just how much our hair is impacted by heat. Too much of the sun or other forms of heat will damage your hair.
Splits ends, dryness and dull hair are all signs of the damage to your hair as the heat removes the moisture in the hair which can leave you hair brittle and dry. Some symptoms can be treated and fixed but split ends cannot be treated, it will be a permanent problem.
There are a few ways to avoid this damage including low heat hair driers and for straighteners or curlers you will find that the ceramic variety do the very least damage. The best way, however, to avoid heat damage is to apply a protective lotion or cream before you apply heat to your hair as this will protect it from the worst of the heat damage.
Surprisingly the frequency of using heat on your hair doesn't have a massive affect on the damage it causes. The biggest cause of damage occurs by using heat or heated products on your hair when it is extremely wet. Research shows that is you can get your hair 50-75% towel dried it will reduce the damage heat does by around 80%. You learn something every day !
Video Guide For Healthy Hair Promotion
If you have a few moments, here is a great video guide to promoting healthy hair.
Healthy Hair Promotion Summarised
If you follow these 5 tips, you will go a long way to making your hair look great and stay healthy. It just takes a bit of care in what you eat and how you look after your hair to give you great looking and healthy hair.