We have looked at all the manufacturers to find you the best beard trimmer for long beards available in the UK market today.
Long beards can be a challenge to manage and groom but the right tools can be a big help with this. Practice is also the key and it can take some time to master, though if you have spent years growing your beard you won't mind working to keep it in good shape.
You can buy any number of standard clippers but with a long beard you may need something a bit specialised. I would argue that you need the best beard trimmer for long beards. The proper trimming kits have multiple blades and comb attachments that make it easier to get the right styling and managing the beard becomes simple.
Top 5 Buyer Rated Beard Trimmers for Long Beards
You will find the best beard trimmers listed below. If you click on the product name, you can go to Amazon, where you can read other buyer reviews. If you prefer we have done summary reviews, of each kit underneath the table.
We have used the average market price as an indicator only. Please note that they change regularly, so always check if you decide to purchase. You can sometimes find these on offer with as much as 50% off if you are lucky.
After considerable research, we found that these were the best 5 on the market. Below we have done a more detailed review on each one.
No 2 - Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer
- Ideal for long beards
- Exclusive laser guidance system: Follow the red line of light to get a sharp, symmetrical trim
- Double-sharpened extra strong stainless steel blades for a superior cutting performance. The innovative lift-and-trim system guides the hair towards the blades for an effortless trim in less strokes
- Style your beard with ultimate accuracy: Use the zoom wheel to select and lock in the length you want, from 0.4 to 7 mm with a precision of 0.2 mm
- 70 minutes run time of cordless use after a 1 hour charge or use plugged in
- 100% waterproof
No 3 Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 Beard Trimmer
- Complete kit
- Self sharpening, maintenance free blades; no blade oil is needed
- Steel blades and guards are easy to detach and rinse, allowing for quick cleaning without worrying about rust
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery with 60 minutes of use. 5 minute quick charge is really handy
- Use for all hair types, moustaches, and beards. Voltage: 100 to 240 V
- Includes: Steel trimmer, steel precision trimmer, nose and ear trimmer, 3 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, stubble guard, accessory travel storage bag, and cleaning brush
No 4 Hatteker Professional Hair and Beard Trimmer
- Complete kit
- 3 different attachments are perfect for all facial hair styles: Hair Clipper, Beard Trimmer, Detail Trimmer
- High-carbon steel blades are self sharpening so low maintenance
- PRECISION DIAL from 3mm to 8mm, 5-DEGREE TUNABLE BLADE from 0.5mm to 2.5mm, 6 GUIDE COMBS (3mm, 4-6mm, 7-9mm, 10-12mm, 16-18mm, 22-24mm), to achieve a wide variety of hairstyles and lengths
- Long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion battery with a run time of up to 2.5 hours after just 90 minutes of charging
No 5 Remington Beard Trimmer and Grooming Kit
- Best budget kit, superb value
- Titanium coated, self-sharpening blades
- Includes all the accessories needed to style and groom your beard, a pair of premium stainless steel scissors and a mixed boar bristle brush are included
- XL adjustable comb (20-35 mm) can handle the longer length beards, while the adjustable short length comb (1.5-18 mm) and stubble comb (1- 5 mm) allow you to trim to shorter desired beard lengths
- Lithium battery delivers long-lasting power and an impressive 120 minutes run time so you have all the time needed to achieve the look you want
- Item comes with UK socket and 4 hours charge time
How To Use an Beard Trimmer
The principle of all these shavers is pretty much the same, when it comes to using them. Rather than have a lot of words to explain the process, have a look at the video below.
Always go for a shaver from a well known maker. These will be of a good quality and will have been tried and tested. If you damage it or need any replacement parts then these will be readily available. Some of the parts can easily be damaged so this is important. Also if you have a major failure then the warranty will be easily activated.
Corded models are pretty much a thing of the past so always check the charge time and battery life figures.
You probably never give your shaver a second thought and think they are all the same. This couldn't be further from the truth. On average we found that the latest models will shave in half the time of some of the cheaper models and the difference in cut can be massive. It can be an expensive purchase so its important to get the right model
Taking the time to learn how to use your shaver properly can make a massive difference to the quality and lifetime of your shave. It can also prevent cuts and irritation, be much more healthy for your skin and save you a lot of time. Its well worth spending half an hour investigating how its done best, you will never look back.
I hope this article has been of some help to you in your search for the best beard trimmer. If you don't think any of these models are the trimmer for you, then check out our beard trimmer review section.