Philips Electric Shaver Series 5000 Review
Philips is an established brand in the electronics market and they have been making quality products for many years. We have written this Philips Electric Shaver Series 5000 Review to make it easier for you to decide which shaver to go for. It is one of the best in the Philips range, has a RRP of £90 and averages 4.4 out of 5 in the ratings.
We keep finding that this type of shavers have a high RRP then they are nearly always discounted. At the time of writing we were able to find this shaver at £79 and you will find that with nearly all of them. This isn't a massive discount but its always worth shopping around.
This electric shaver is a cordless model with powerful batteries which fully charge in 60 minutes for 50 minutes of shaving. It has all the features you would expect for a quality branded shaver though strangely it only comes with a 2 pin plug so you will need an adapter to charge it in a standard plug socket. This always annoys me! Anyway, don't let that put you off.
You can read our full review below but if you are in a hurry you can click on the link below to go straight to the reviews on Amazon.
Philips Series 5000 Features
- Super lift and cut dual blade system lifts hairs to cut comfortably below skin level for a closer shave
- DualPrecision shaving heads have slots to shave the normal hairs and holes to shave even the shortest stubble
- Dynamic contour response automatically adjusts to every curve of your face and neck for a smoother shave
- One hour of charge provides 50+ minutes of power
- The full width, pop-up trimmer is ideal for grooming your sideburns and moustache
- This product comes with a 2-pin UK plug
Whats in the box
- 1 x Philips PowerTouch PT860 Dual Precision Electric Shaver
- 1 x Cleaning brush
- 1 x Protection cap
- 1 x Power Cable (2-pin Bathroom Socket Compatible)
- 1 x User reference manual
- 24 month Guarantee
What Buyers Say About the Philips Series 5000 Shaver
This is a big selling electric shaver and there have been hundreds sold on Amazon, with many very happy buyers. Its also the second highest electric shaver we have reviewed as well as being the highest rated non-foil model.
With over 60% rating this clipper 5 out of 5 and nearly 90% giving it either 5 or 4 out of 5 in the ratings, we can be sure that this is a great product for value and quality. There are very few low ratings and I haven't been able to find any consistent compliant from any of them.
Straightaway, you can easily see that almost 90% of actual buyers rated this as well above average product and we have to say that this a great shaver for the money
Check out a quick video demonstration
- Best rated non foil shaver
- Quality product
- Well priced when on offer
- Pop up trimmer is great
- Superb cut
- Comes with 2 pin plug only
Our Summary of the Philips Shaver Series 5000
According to buyers, this is a brilliant value electric shaver and I have to agree. This is one of the best shavers we have reviewed and is very well priced compared to other comparatively rated models
If you don't think this one would suit your needs then check out our Best electric shaver reviews